Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin




Title: The Westing Game
Author: Ellen Raskin
Reviewer: Karen
Genre: Junior Mystery
Rating: Adore
Alerts/Warnings: None that I can recall
Premise:"This Newbery Medal-winning novel now features updated cover artwork. The mysterious death of an eccentric millionaire brings together an unlikely assortment of heirs who must uncover the circumstances of his death before they can claim their inheritance." (King County Library System)
Opinions: This book is amazing. Even though it is written for younger kids I love this book as an adult. I love the way Ellen Raskin weaves the clues and gets apparent strangers to work together to try and solve the mystery of Sam Westing's death. The winner then wins millions of dollars. I love Turtle with her sassy braids and her brains. I love the humor and play on words and the way she unfolds the clues. Whether or kid or a kid at heart, if you love mysteries this book is for you.

No comments: