Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling






Title: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter Book #7)
Author: J.K. Rowling
Reviewer: Karen
Genre: Mid-Grade Fantasy
Rating: FABULOUS
Alerts/Warnings: Mild Language, Moderate-to-Heavy Violence, Death/Murder
Premise: "Burdened with the dark, dangerous, and seemingly impossible task of locating and destroying Voldemort's remaining Horcruxes, Harry, feeling alone and uncertain about his future, struggles to find the inner strength he needs to follow the path set out before him." (King County Library System)
Opinions: I love this book. I mean I LOVE this book. Granted this book will make you cry (being pregnant I think I went through an entire box of Kleenex). I think that J.K. Rowling did a fantastic job tying up all the loose ends and I loved the ending. My favorite characters were Kreacher, Ron, Neville, Hermione, and Mrs. Weasley has a fantastic moment that made me cheer. As this is a story of good trying to overcome evil, and being the concluding book in the series, there are a lot of fights/violence and several tense scenes to get through so I don't recommend it for younger readers (unless being read to as a family or pre-approved by the parents). Overall this is a fantastic end to the series and was really hard to put down until the very last page.

No comments: