Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling






Title: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Author: JK Rowling
Reviewer: Karen
Genre: Mid-Grade Fantasy
Rating: Fabulous
Alerts/Warnings: Somewhat intense scenes when Harry faces evil
Premise: "Rescued from the outrageous neglect of his aunt and uncle, a young boy with a great destiny proves his worth while attending Hogwarts School for Wizards and Witches." (King County Library)
Opinions: It has been several years since I read this book. In honor of the second half of the book seven movie coming out this summer I thought I should re-read the entire series. I forgot just how AWESOME this book is and SO much better than the movie. It is imaginative, funny, tense, and intriguing. My favorite characters continue to be Ron and Hagrid. They are complex and have wonderful personalities and senses of humor. This book is easy to dive into and hard to get out of. Even the second time reading it I had a hard time putting it down and read it in about a day. The story line draws in youth and adults alike. Some people may be concerned because it deals with witchcraft. In all honesty, I think it is an incredibly written basic tale of good versus evil. It even teaches about right and wrong and consequences. Overall I highly recommend this to all readers, especially if your child is not a fan of reading. This book is sure to draw them in.





No comments: