Sunday, May 8, 2011

NERDS: M is for Mama's Boy by Michael Buckley

Title: NERDS: M is for Mama's Boy
Author: Michael Buckley
Reviewer: Stephanie
Genre: YA Fiction
Rating:
Alerts/Warnings:
Premise: In this second outing for the 5th grade super spies, Duncan Dewey, codename "Gluestick", is the point of view character. This time the group must fight a very unlikely villain - he still lives with his Mum. In other words, it's the NERDS against a nerd.
Opinions: I like that in the sequel to NERDS, we get it from a different perspective. My guess that this series will rotate through the different NERDS agents. Which I am excited for. I want to see where it goes. This series has all the coolness of a James Bond action story with the angst of not fitting in. I really like Gluestick as a character. I was glad that we got to see his perspective and how he developed and learned in this book. I am anxiously waiting for the third book in the series to come out (September 2011) and have high hopes it will delight me as much as the first two.

No comments: