Saturday, May 7, 2011

You Wish by Mandy Hubbard

Title: You Wish
Author: Mandy Hubbard
Reviewer: Stephanie
Genre: Teen Fiction
Rating: Love
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise: Kayla McHenry's sweet sixteen sucks! Her dad left, her grades dropped, and her BFF is dating the boy Kayla's secretly loved for years. Blowing out her candles, Kayla thinks: I wish my birthday wishes actually came true. Because they never freakin' do.

Kayla wakes the next day to a life-sized, bright pink My Little Pony outside her window. Then a year's supply of gumballs arrives. A boy named Ken with a disturbing resemblance to the doll of the same name stalks her. As the ghosts of Kayla's wishes-past appear, they take her on a wild ride . . . but they MUST STOP. Because when she was fifteen? She wished Ben Mackenzie would kiss her. And Ben is her best friend's boyfriend.

Opinions: This book is laugh out loud funny. I loved the premise. It made me think. What did I wish for on my birthdays past and would I really want them to come true even 24 hours after I wished them? It is really funny to read about how she has a life size My Little Pony following her around and the other wishes are just as hysterical. It is just a fun and funny book about growing up and finding the person you are, as well as your inner child.

No comments: