Friday, May 13, 2011

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling






Title: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Book 3 Harry Potter series)
Author: JK Rowling
Reviewer: Karen
Genre: Mid-Grade Fantasy
Rating: Fabulous
Alerts/Warnings: Two swear words, and some intense scenes
Premise: "During his third year at Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry, Harry Potter must confront the devious and dangerous wizard responsible for his parents' deaths.For twelve years, the dread fortress of Azkaban held an infamous prisoner named Sirius Black. Convicted of killing thirteen people with a single curse, he was said to be the heir apparent to the Dark Lord, Voldemort. Now he has escaped, leaving only two clues as to where he might be headed: Harry Potter's defeat of You-Know-Who was Black's downfall as well; and the Azkaban guards heard Black muttering in his sleep, "He's at Hogwarts... He's at Hogwarts." Harry Potter isn't safe, not even within the walls of his magical school, surrounded by his friends. Because there may well be a traitor in their midst." (King County Library System)
Opinions: Wow, my carpel-tunnel syndrome is getting a serious work out holding all these Harry Potter books and reading them non-stop. What can I say? I'm re-addicted to reading them. Even though I've read them all before and have seen all the movies (so far), I'm finding myself hooked all over again. The plot of book three is incredible, the characters fascinating and compelling (Ron is my absolute favorite in this one), and I love being able to learn much, much more of the back story. I loved finding out more about Harry's father and his friends and finding out about events that led up to Voldemort's downfall. I also love that there are always consequences (good or bad) for the choices the characters make. Book three does a fantastic job caring on the world of Harry Potter and leaving me wanting more in book four.

No comments: