Wednesday, May 25, 2011

As Easy as Falling Off the Face of the Earth by Lynne Rae Perkins

Title: As Easy as Falling Off the Face of the Earth
Author: Lynne Rae Perkins
Reviewer: Stephanie
Genre: YA Fiction
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise: Train.

Car.

Plane.

Boat.

Feet.

He'll get there.

Won't he?

Opinions: The premise has you intrigued, doesn't it? Honestly, I read that and I wanted to read the book. Which is funny, cause I usually want to know more about a book. But this one was really interesting. Ry is on his way to camp and opens a letter and discovers that his camp has been cancelled. So he gets off his train looking for cell phone reception and the train leaves him. Thus begins Ry's journey to get home. He goes on every type of transportation possible trying to get home.

I liked Ry's character, but I liked Del more. (Del is one of the people Ry meets.) Even more than that, I like the overall theme of searching for the people you love. This is a beautifully written story. I liked that Ry found good people to help him and that the author didn't take the idea that a young kid was going all over the country by himself. Or that he wasn't taken in by thugs or something. I like the simplicity of this book and the physical journey as well as the emotional one.

No comments: