Author: Sara Pennypacker
Genre: YA Fiction
Premise: Clementine is having not so good of a week.
* On Monday she’s sent to the principal’s office for cutting off Margaret’s hair.
* Tuesday, Margaret’s mother is mad at her.
* Wednesday, she’s sent to the principal...again.
* Thursday, Margaret stops speaking to her.
* Friday starts with yucky eggs and gets worse.
* And by Saturday, even her mother is mad at her.
Okay, fine. Clementine is having a DISASTROUS week. (goodreads.com)
Opinions: Clementine is quirky and funny. Think Ramona Quimby. People are always asking her to pay attention. Yet they don't understand, she is paying attention to what she wants, not what they want her to. Clementine is a cute book that follows Clementine during a week in her life as she deals with haircuts and coloring, a war against pigeons.
Sara Pennypacker is quite talented at creating a unique voice for Clementine that feels fairly accurate for a hyperactive third grader.
I love this book and so does my son. There are enough illustrations to keep him entertained and the story is fun and twisty enough to keep his attention when there aren't pictures. But 4 year old aside, I was entertained.
This is a fun story. I enjoyed it very much.