Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott




Title: Little Women
Author: Louisa May Alcott
Reviewer: Karen
Genre: YA Classic Historical Fiction
Rating: Fabulous
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise: "In this literary classic, Louisa May Alcott chronicles the lives of the four March sisters, domestic Meg, headstrong Jo, sensitive Beth, and artistic Amy, who grow to adulthood living outside Boston while their father is serving as a chaplain in the Union Army during the Civil War. The relatable heroines, through countless adventures, struggles, and tragedies, overcome character flaws as they grow up, grow closer, and try to better each other." (King County Library)
Opinions: I read this book in my early teens and absolutely loved it. It is a wonderful story dealing with love, war, poverty, internal struggles and so much more. It is overall a story of strength. I love the March family and the struggles they strive to overcome together. My two most favorite characters are Amy and Laurie, but I definitely connected with Jo as well. Not having had any sisters growing up I loved learning what life could be like, the goods and bads, of a family full of women. I love the antics. I love the unique personalities of each woman in the family and that they are flawed but strong. I love the lessons they learn and watching them grow throughout the story. Whether young or well-seasoned in life, I think that this is a story that will pull you into its heart.

No comments: