Monday, May 9, 2011

Daughter of a King by Rachel Ann Nunes



Title: Daughter of a King
Author: Rachel Ann Nunes
Reviewer: Karen
Genre: Children's Picture Book
Rating: Fabulous
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise: "In this allegorical tale, Katie's parents, who are poor farmers, tell her that she is really a princess and must learn to be kind and moral so that one day she will return to her father, the king, in his Crystal Palace." (King County Library System)
Opinions: I think this book is absolutely amazing. I was able to get a copy signed by the author for my daughter, but I've read it more than she has. The pictures in this book are stunning and accompany the story perfectly. I love the theme and that it teaches the kids that is important to treat each other and oneself with respect. It's beautifully written and beautifully illustrated and well worth your time.


No comments: