Monday, May 23, 2011

Talk of the Town by Lisa Wingate

Title: Talk of the Town
Author: Lisa Wingate
Reviewer: Stephanie
Genre: Christian Fiction
Rating: Adore
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise: The show American Megastar is the hottest thing on television but its associate producer, Mandalay Florentino, is worried. She's just arrived in the tiny town of Daily, Texas, to arrange a surprise "reunion concert" for hometown finalist Amber Amberson. Only it turns out everyone in town seems to know the secret. And paparazzi are arriving. Word from Hollywood is that Amber has disappeared with a "bad boy" actor. Can anything go right in this tumbleweed town? Imagene Doll loves her town of Daily, Texas, but things are lonely without her beloved husband. Life seems dull. At least until that fancy-dressed woman pulls into town, looking terrified and glamorous all at once. Soon life's not the least bit boring as Imagene and the rest of Daily find themselves at the center of a media maelstrom--with a young girl's future on the line. (goodreads.com)

Opinions: There are a couple aspects of this book that are completely unbelievable. BUT those things aside, I really liked this book. It was kind of like American Idol with a twist. I like that we get the perspective of Daily, Texas native Imagene Dall and Hollywood associate producer Mandalay Florentino. You get the perspective of both the big city and the small town. I liked the romance in the story, and honestly there were several parts that were very suprising to me. Plus there were laugh out loud funny parts that had my husband asking what was so funny.

Okay, and in all honestly, I probably wouldn't have picked this book up in America. (Yes, it's another China book.) But I'm so glad that I did read it. I thought it had a sweet message, a sweet romance and plenty of humor. It was a great balance and I very much enjoyed reading it.

No comments: