Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart




Title: The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma (Book 3 of the Mysterious Benedict Society Trilogy)
Author: Trenton Lee Stewart
Reviewer: Karen
Genre: Mid-Grade Fiction
Rating: Adore
Alerts/Warnings: None that I recall
Premise: "When an unexplained blackout engulfs Stonetown, Benedict Society members Reynie, Kate, Sticky, and Constance follow clues on an adventure that threatens to separate them from their families, friends, and even one another." (King County Library System)
Opinions: I just have to say that Kate is by far my favorite character in this book. She is spunky, brilliant, and ingenious. I still love Reynie, Sticky and Constance, but Kate is my favorite. I love that we get to enjoy the company of Mr. Benedict more and I think the things we learn about Constance are absolutely brilliant. Isn't it annoying how little I'm telling you so that you have to go find out for yourself? ;-) Mr. Curtain does do what he can to capture the society as well as get the whisperer back in his hands and the kids must work together to save the day...but will they? (There, was that enough more to intrigue you.)

I also really enjoy how well Mr. Stewart does in tying up the trilogy. I felt completely satisfied with the ending. So overall, yes I think you need to read this entire series...so go to the library now and check it out. Then tell me if you agree.

No comments: