Saturday, May 21, 2011

Freckle Juice by Judy Blume

Title: Freckle Juice
Author: Judy Blume
Reviewer: Stephanie
Genre: YA Chapter Book
Rating: Adore
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise: Andrew wants freckles more than anything else, so Sharon offers to sell him her secret freckle recipe. When Andrew turns green from the recipe, and blue from his own freckle-making brew, it's doubtful he'll ever wish for freckles again! (goodreads.com)

Opinions: I read this a LONG time ago and really liked it. I thought it was funny and creative and interesting. Plus I have a blue freckle, so it was a little funny that Andrew had blue freckles. Last week I read this book to my son who thought it was the greatest book ever. He laughed all the way through it and thought it was funny. And you know what? Even though I didn't laugh as much as my son, I still very much enjoyed it. I liked that it had a lesson, but that it wasn't hit you over the head lesson. It was more of a slight tap on the head lesson. I highly recommend this book.

No comments: