Monday, May 23, 2011

Dogs Don't Tell Jokes by Louis Sachar

Title: Dogs Don't Tell Jokes
Author: Louis Sachar
Reviewer: Stephanie
Genre: YA Fiction
Rating: Adore
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise:Twelve-year-old jokester Gary Boone knows he was born to be a comedian, it's the kids in his class who think he's just a goon. Winning the school talent show would be Gary's dream come true, but on the big night his dream nearly backfires--with hilarious results.

Opinions: This is a funny book. There are parts of this book that are just plain silly, but there is a learning aspect of the book. I like that Gary knows what he wants to do and follows his dream to become a comedian. No matter what anyone else says. It is fun, quirky and honestly has a suprise ending. (I really didn't see it coming, and that's something for me.) It's a fun book and the only downside is that after I read it I decided to tell jokes (some from the book) over and over until I drove everyone around me nuts. It's a fun book for both boys and girls.

No comments: