Sunday, May 22, 2011

Invitation to the Game by Monica Hughes

Title: Invitation to the Game
Author: Monica Hughes
Reviewer: Stephanie
Genre: YA Science Fiction
Rating: Love
Alerts/Warnings: none
Premise: It's the future, and most jobs are done by machines. Now that school is over, Lisse and her friends are consigned to a bleak neighborhood for the permanently unemployed. Then they receive an invitation to the Game, which transports them to a paradise. Is it a dream or a computer simulation? Each time they play the Game, the new world seems more and more real...

Opinions: I have to say that I love books about societal structures. I love books where you see how a society is built and how people make it better or live with the worse. For me, this book is fascinating. I love that you get to see how this group of friends try to make a life for themselves in the world and then how after they start playing the Game, how the Game seems to become more like the real world. It is an interesting look into a what if. And honestly, I'm not going to tell you the what if so I don't spoil the book. But I loved this book.

No comments: