Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Always the Baker, Never the Bride by Sandra D. Bricker

Title: Always the Baker Never the Bride
Author: Sandra D. Bricker
Reviewer: Stephanie
Genre: Christian Fiction
Rating: Adore
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise: Thirty-six-year-old Emma Rae Travis has been baking specialty cakes and melt-in-your-mouth pastries for the last six years. But here’s the rub about her job as a baker … Emma is diabetic. Emma is considered an artisan for the stunning crème brulee wedding cake that won her the Passionate Palette Award last year, but she’s never even had one full slice of it.

When Jackson Drake hears about this local baker who has won a prestigious award for her wedding cake artistry, he tells his assistant to be sure and include her in the pastry tastings scheduled at his new wedding destination hotel the following week.

Can these two ill-suited players master the high-wire act and make a go of their new business venture? Or will they take each other crashing downward, without a net? And will the surprise wedding at The Tanglewood be theirs?

Opinions: So I can admit it. I picked up this book because of the title. I mean, really, don't you think it's a good title? And I honestly didn't know anything about this book when I started to read it. This was often how I read books in China. It was a crap shoot on what they were and whether or not they would be any good.

I like the premise of this book and I like the twists and turns that it takes throughout the story. I didn't think there were many suprises to the plot, but I liked it just the same.

Also I have to say I was suprised this was Christian fiction when I started reading it (honestly, didn't even know that). But I liked that it wasn't hit you over the head Christian fiction. Some Christian fiction does that to me. Anyways, the story is entertaining and I enjoyed reading it.

No comments: