Friday, May 6, 2011

The Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy

We are almost a week into our Month of 99 Reviews. Are you enjoying it? I hope so! More reviews are coming soon. Let us know what you think.
Title: The Cinderella Society
Author: Kay Cassidy
Reviewer: Stephanie
Rating: Adore
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise: Sixteen year old outsider, Jess Parker, gets the chance of a lifetime: an invitation to join a secret society of popular girls dedicated to defeating the mean girls of the world. The Cinderella Society guides all new recruits through its top secret ultimate life makeover. It’s all part of preparing them to face down the Wickeds and win. Determined not to let the Cindys down, Jess dives in with a passion. Finally, a chance to belong and show the world what she’s made of. (goodreads.com)

Opinions: This is a fun and thought provoking book. Okay, I know what your thinking. "Thought provoking? Please." But it's TRUE!! Okay, it's probably not going to change the world and it's not "Grapes of Wrath" (Thank heavens!). But it made me think about how I treat people. Whether or not I would stand up or stand by when someone was being bullied. Also how do I perceive myself and how can I be my best me.
I liked that Jess was definately a relateable character. She made stupid mistakes and she was so very human. I love that she was conflicted in her choices. If she had been too perfect I would have found her very annoying. But as it was I enjoyed this book and am excited to read its sequel.

No comments: