Sunday, May 1, 2011

Darcy's Voyage by Kara Louise

Title: Darcy's Voyage
Author: Kara Louise
Reviewer: Stephanie
Genre: Adult Fiction
Rating: WORSHIP!!
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise:Darcy's Voyage gives readers a chance to experience this timeless love story in a brand new setting. When Darcy and Elizabeth meet on a ship bound for New York, neither can deny the sparks of attraction that fly between them. And when Elizabeth falls ill during their journey, Darcy will do whatever it takes to save her life, including proposing a shipboard marriage. Once the ship docks in New York, Elizabeth and Darcy will have to overcome an entirely new set of obstacles if they want to save their legendary love... (KCLS.org)
Opinions: Okay, I admit it. I love Pride and Prejudice. Have for a long time. And I also admit, there are lots of remakes of the story out there. (My husband would say TONS!) This was unique to me and I really liked it. Darcy and Elizabeth meet on a boat sailing to America about six (?) months before Bingley rents Netherfeld. In this retelling, the first half happens on the boat and the second half is the original story of Pride and Prejudice with a couple of changes. It is cleverly done and well written. This was a wonderful book and, in all honesty, I read it 3 times while I was in China. Yup, it was that good.

No comments: