Monday, April 21, 2014

Tres Leches Cupcakes by Josi S. Kilpack

To read my reviews of the other books in this series, click here: Lemon Tart, English Trifle, Devil's Food Cake, Key Lime Pie, Blackberry Crumble, Pumpkin Roll, and Banana Split.

15895564

Title: Tres Leches Cupcakes (Culinary Mystery #8)
Author: Josi S. Kilpack
Reviewer: Karen
Genre: Adult Mystery
Rating: Love
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise: "Sadie Hoffmiller is working undercover for the BLM on an archaeological site in New Mexico when she stumbles across a pair of recently deceased bodies and becomes involved in the black market world of Indian artifact theft" (King County Library System).
Opinions: Sadie is living in hiding in New Mexico from a character in one of her earlier stories. To keep her busy she is working a side job for the BLM trying to uncover who is stealing Native American artifacts. I loved to see her working her way back into the investigative action, and finding her comfort zone again. I love the ever growing relationship between her and Pete and the trust that continues to grow between them. I was also fascinated by the new cast of characters and friends and the new places she goes. One of my favorite scenes is when she goes investigating in a bar and gets in a fight. LOVE IT!!!!  I've also written down several of the recipes, especially a Crock Pot Posole while I hope to make for my family this week. Sounds delectable. I can't wait to read the next one.

No comments: