Saturday, August 7, 2010

Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life by Wendy Mass

Title: Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life
Author: Wendy Mass
Reviewer: Stephanie
Genre: YA Fiction
Rating: Adore
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise: Just before his thirteenth birthday, Jeremy Fink receives a keyless locked box--set aside by his father before his death five years earlier--that purportedly contains the meaning of life.(King County Library System)
Opinions: After reading this book I began looking around and seeing keys. I was suprised how often and how many keys I see everyday. Jeremy is looking for the four keys that will open a box that will give him the meaning of life from his deceased father. Through the book Jeremy tries to decide what the meaning of life is and why we are on this earth. Jeremy and his best friend search for keys and answers to life as they come across some fairly eccentric individuals. I liked that this book had a fun story but also dealt with some serious issues. I would have to say that I cried at the end. Wendy Mass is a great writer. I have always loved her writing style and feel that she is one of the fabulous authors that is a great storyteller and writer.

No comments: