Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Golden Spiral by Lisa Mangum





To read my review of book one in this series please click here: The Hourglass Door.



Title: The Golden Spiral (Book 2 of the Hourglass Door series)
Author: Lisa Mangum
Reviewer: Karen
Genre: YA Fiction
Rating: Love
Alerts/Warnings: Some violence
Premise: When Dante, a Master of Time, is sent into the past to find Zo, Tony, and V, Abby knows that he will need her help to prevent the trio from destroying time itself, but soon things start to change as Zo targets Abby's past (King County Library).
Opinions: I love the first book in this series, The Hourglass Door, as it was unique to anything else I had ever read. Now having read The Golden Spiral I can say that Lisa Mangum has jumped tremendously in my list of favorite authors. Her writing ability has greatly strengthened through this book and I had a hard time putting it down (when life doesn't force me to anyway). The story of Dante and Abby becomes even more compelling and I'm drawn to their characters even more. I desperately want to tell you more about this book but it would give too much away. One warning though, once you read it you will be hooked, however the final installment of the story, The Forgotten Locket, isn't scheduled to be released until next summer. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Not again! Why do I torture myself so?




No comments: