Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan

Title: The Red Pyramid
Author: Rick Riordan
Reviewer: Stephanie
Genre:YA Fantasy
Rating: Adore
Alerts/Warnings: Some violence and intense scenes
Premise: After their father's research experiment at the British Museum unleashes the Egyptian god Set, Carter and Sadie Kane embark on a dangerous journey across the globe--a quest which brings them ever closer to the truth about their family, and their links to a secret order that has existed since the time of the pharaohs.
Opinions: I am a huge fan of Rick Riordan. I was anxiously waiting to read this book. It was good and I really liked it alot. I learned alot about Egypt and the Egyptian gods. I thought it was creative and unique. I thought that the plot was fast paced and interesting. I did however think it was a bit much. I was a little tired by the end of the book and I just realized why. Rick Riordan includes lots of action and perilous situations in his books. However, in the Percy Jackson books the actual book is shorter. This is a thick book with lots of action. It's really good, but I found myselft needing to take breaks from it because I was worn out. It is very good though and I look forward to the sequels.

No comments: