Monday, September 24, 2012

Key Lime Pie by Josi S. Kilpack

To see my reviews of the first three books in the series click here: Lemon Tart, English Trifle, and Devil's Food Cake.
 
 
Title: Key Lime Pie (Culinary Mystery #4)
Author: Josi S. Kilpack
Reviewer: Karen
Genre: Adult Mystery
Rating: Adore
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise: "Part-time detective and full-time food lover Sadie Hoffmiller has traveled to the Florida Keys to help her new friend, Eric, track down the whereabouts of his missing daughter, Megan" (King County Library System).
Opinions: This book continues on with the life of spunky, tenacious, food-addicted Sadie Hoffmiller.  I adore that the book begins with Sadie filling her community service duties as penetence for what happened in the last book.  I also loved the additional tension as Sadie has to determine her feelings for Eric (met in book 3) vs. Pete (met in book 1).  This is a great book for showing Sadie growing by leaps and bounds and she is full of faith in people and in food.  Josi S. Kilpack does a fantastic job carrying on an incredibly fun mystery series with inventive twists and turns that keep me reading.  I've already put book five on hold at my library.  I recommend you do too.

No comments: