Friday, August 10, 2012

Found by Margaret Peterson Haddix

Title: Found (Missing #1)
Author: Margaret Peterson Haddix
Reviewer: Karen
Genre: Mid-Grade Science-Fiction
Rating: Like
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise: "When thirteen-year-olds Jonah and Chip, who are both adopted, learn they were discovered on a plane that appeared out of nowhere, full of babies with no adults on board, they realize that they have uncovered a mystery involving time travel and two opposing forces, each trying to repair the fabric of time" (American Fork Library System)
Opinions: I'm not sure what I fully think about this book, other than I think that I like it.  Margaret Peterson Haddix wrote several books/series that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE.  One specific series called The Shadow Children (the first book is called Among the Hidden) is a must read. So I was excited to realize that she had come out with another series that I had not yet read.  This book threw me for a loop.  It's about adoption and time-travel . . . not two topics that I would normally connect together, but Ms. Haddix combines them well. 

Her characters are highly believable and intriguing.  I enjoyed Jonah and Chip and seeing how they work together to discover the secrets around their adoptions, but I ADORE Jonah's sister, Katherine.  She is a hoot and a pure-bred little sister.  I enjoy her spunk and her creativity.  Ms. Haddix also does a brilliant job of showing the struggles that various parents go through in regards to dealing with adoption and whether or not to tell their child that they are adopted.  Overall, I like the promise of where this was going and look forward to checking out the rest of her Missing series.

No comments: