Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Devil's Food Cake by Josi S. Kilpack

To read my reviews of the first two books in this series click here: Lemon Tart, English Trifle.

Title: Devil's Food Cake (A Culinary Mystery #3)
Author: Josi S. Kilpack
Reviewer: Karen
Genre: Adult Mystery
Rating: Adore
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise: "When a literary agent dies at a library fundraiser, Sadie Hoffmiller finds herself on the trail of the murderer. As she digs deeper into the mystery she discovers connections to an unsolved decade-old murder-suicide" (King County Library System).
Opinions: Sadie strikes again and my kids suffered for it. I spent all day with my nose in this book.  I did take a break to feed my kids lunch, but opted for a granola bar for myself so that I could return to this book's pages.

I love how easy and smooth Ms. Kilpack's writing is and yet I was still surprised by some of the twists and turns...let alone the culprit.  I love how everything revolves around food when it comes to Sadie Hoffmiller.  I love her tenacity and her spunk.  I also love how she mentally reevaluates the choices that she makes along the way.  I was glad to get to see her son, Shawn, in this book which allowed a deeper entrance for the reader into a different aspect of Sadie's life.  Overall, if you want to read a fun mystery, then this series is for you.

No comments: