Saturday, December 17, 2011

Tuesdays at the Castle by Jessica Day George

Title: Tuesdays at the Castle
Author: Jessica Day George
Reviewer: Stephanie
Genre: YA Fantasy
Rating: LOVE
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise: Tuesdays at Castle Glower are Princess Celie's favorite days. That's because on Tuesdays the castle adds a new room, a turret, or sometimes even an entire wing. No one ever knows what the castle will do next, and no one-other than Celie, that is-takes the time to map out the new additions. But when King and Queen Glower are ambushed and their fate is unknown, it's up to Celie, with her secret knowledge of the castle's never-ending twists and turns, to protect their home and save their kingdom.

Opinions: I fell in love with Jessica Day Georges' writing several years ago when she wrote "Dragon Slippers". Then fell deeper in love when I read, "Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow". So it was with great excitement that I picked up "Tuesdays at the Castle". Although I admit, I didn't have any idea what it was about. So I was very pleased to find out it was about a magic castle that could grow and change as was needed to help the royal family.

This is an interesting story of intrigue, bravery and there is some funny moments too. I love the practical jokes. I love Celie and her siblings. But honestly, one of my favorite characters was the castle. It was amazing. I wanted to go and visit it.

Jessica Day George is an amazing author with a great command of storytelling. I hope she plans to write another book about Celie and the Castle. I would be first in line to buy it. I loved this one so.

No comments: