Saturday, March 21, 2009

Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George




Title: Dragon Slippers

Author: Jessica Day George

Reviewer: Karen

Genre: Teen Fantasy

Rating: Fabulous

Alerts/Warnings: None

Premise: Orphaned after a fever epidemic, Creel befriends a dragon and unknowingly inherits an object that can either save or destroy her kingdom.(Pleasant Grove Library)

Opinions: This book was a fantastic read. I found the story fascinating. It takes on the whole "damsel in distress" idea and twists it to show a main character that is strong and willing do what needs to be done (not matter how silly or evil others around her may be). I highly recommend this for any teenager who needs to learn that girls/women do not have to sit by why someone else decides what road their life should take. I also fell absolutely in love with the dragons in this story. The descriptions of their characters and personalities really brought them to life to me and made me care what happened to them. Overall, I came away feeling that this was one of the best fantasy books I have read in a while. Jessica Day George did a FANTASTIC job and I look forward to reading more of her other works.


No comments: