Monday, July 26, 2010

Alcatraz versus the Scrivener's Bones by Brandon Sanderson



To see my review of the first book in this series please click here: Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians.

Title: Alcatraz Versus the Scrivener's Bones
Author: Brandon Sanderson
Reviewer: Karen
Genre: MG Fantasy
Rating: Love
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise: Thirteen-year-old Alcatraz Smedry and his companions seek Al's father and grandfather in the Great Library of Alexandria, where they face undead, soul-stealing wraiths called the Curators of Alexandria, and one of the Scrivener's Bones, a part-human, part-machine mercenary. (King County Library System)
Opinions: I really enjoyed the first book of this series so I was eager to read the next one. Now I can say I love this series. Its focused towards pre-teen to teen boys, but as an adult I got a huge kick out of reading this story. The overall voice of the story is quite unique and I love all the "asides" that the narrator/author goes off on. I loved getting to know the characters better and to see Alcatraz build on his talents in order to save his friends and family. Each character has a definite and distinctive personality which I love and adds whole new levels to the story. Even if you are not a pre-teen boy I definitely recommend this as a fantastic read.





No comments: