Friday, April 3, 2009

Just One Wish by Janette Rallison

So I just finished "Just One Wish" by Janette Rallison. This was by far my favorite book that she has written. It was wonderfully tender and sweet.

Annika is a seventeen year old girl who has a six year old brother who has a tumor growing on his brain. Annika is determined that he will survive the surgery and comes up with an idea to make go into the surgery with determination that all will come out alright. But her plan backfires and she then feels compelled to drive to Hollywood to try and get Steve Raleigh to come to her home town (four hours away) to meet with her brother. A highly entertaining series of events then occurs that left me laughing so hard I had to stop reading.

I thought this very sweet and tender book was wonderful. It explores kindness, determination and the purpose of life. It is perfectly clean and a wonderfully written. I highly recommend it to anyone. (Okay, so maybe boys wouldn't like it as much as girls would.)

4 of 5 stars

No comments: