Saturday, May 10, 2014

Baked Alaska by Josi Kilpack

To read my reviews of the other books in this series, click here: Lemon Tart, English Trifle, Devil's Food Cake, Key Lime Pie, Blackberry Crumble, Pumpkin Roll, Banana Split and Tres Leches Cupcakes.




17085960






Title: Baked Alaska (Culinary Mystery #9)
Author: Josi S. Kilpack
Reviewer: Karen
Genre: Adult Mystery
Rating: Love
Alerts/Warnings: Murder
Premise: "Sadie Hoffmiller has gathered her family together to enjoy an Alaskan cruise and to help plan her daughter's wedding. But when her son's birthmother shows up on the ship, relationships become complicated. And once the dead bodies start appearing, Sadie realizes more than one person on the cruise is keeping secrets" (King County Library System).
Opinions: I love this book. Sadie is thrust into several emotional experiences surrounding her family that would tear at any mother's heart if they went through it. I was pulled into her internal struggles, her guilt, fears, and uncertainties. I enjoyed getting to see her with her kids again and the relationship that they were building with Pete. I loved the mystery surrounding their cruise. And oh my gosh there are so many recipes that I want to try from this book, including the Baked Alaska Cupcakes and the Salmon Potato Chowder. My mouth is already watering. I also can't wait to read the next installment of this series, Rocky Road.

No comments: