Friday, March 5, 2010

Mr. Darcy Broke My Heart by Beth Pattillo

Title: Mr. Darcy Broke My Heart
Author: Beth Pattillo
Reviewer: Stephanie
Genre: Chick Lit
Rating: Adore
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise: After agreeing to present a paper to a summer symposium at Oxford on her ailing sister's behalf, Claire Prescott is thrown into an adventure with a bunch of Jane Austen-loving women searching for their Mr. Darcy, but when she meets a mysterious women who claims to have an early version of Austen's Pride and Prejudice, Claire learns that love isn't logical and that a true hero can appear in the most unexpected of places.
Opinions: I chose this book based solely of the title. It greatly appealled to me, so I requested my library purchase it. Today I read it and had a hard time putting it down. It was different from any other Pride and Prejudice story I've ever read.
Claire is a really interesting character. She is in the middle of a summer symposium on Jane Austen, and she is not a huge Austen fan. However, she meets a unique woman with a very valuable secret in her possession. Claire through this woman has the pleasure of reading the first draft of Pride and Prejudice, entitled First Impressions. Through her week class and reading First Impressions she learns who she is and so do you as a reader. I had a lot of assumptions at the beginning of the novel, and yet I was pleasantly suprised at the turns the novel took. This was a delightful novel and I look forward to reading other books by this author.

No comments: