Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli




Title: Stargirl
Author: Jerry Spinelli
Reviewer: Stephanie
Genre: YA Fiction
Rating: Worship
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise: In this story about the perils of popularity, the courage of nonconformity, and the thrill of first love, an eccentric student named Stargirl changes Mica High School forever. (King County Library System)

Opinions: I first read this book when I was in college and I remember getting goosebumps again and again while reading it. Since then I have read it many times, and every time I get goosebumps. I love this book! Stargirl is so completely true to herself and to the rest of the human race that she doesn't care what anyone else thinks of her. In a school where conformity is the high ruler of all, a girl named Stargirl is definately going to shake things up.

We read this in my book club a couple months ago and my friend asked us if we were a Stargirl and I've been thinking about that for awhile now. Maybe the reason I love this book so much is that I want to be a Stargirl.

I fell in love with Stargirl and everytime I read this book, I fall in love again. I absolutely LOVE this book, and I hope you do to!


No comments: