Friday, August 1, 2008

A Door in the Woods by James Dashner





Name: A Door in the Woods
Author: James Dashner
Genre: Teen Fantasy
Reviewer: Karen Pellett
Rating: Love
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise (be brief): - Fourteen-year-old Jimmy Fincher sets off on a quest that takes him from Georgia across the country and to other, sometimes terrifying worlds, armed with a powerful gift and a mission. (Summary courtesy of Orem, UT Public Library)
Opinions: The voice of the book is what made the book for me. The narrator is quirky, blunt and hilarious (especially from a 14 year-old point of view). I finished this book in less than a day. It is an easy read, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and refused to put it down until I was finished. Let's just say it was good enough that I wrote the author an email to thank him for the journey.


No comments: