Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Fearless Pregnancy by Victoria Clayton...

I KNOW!!! You are seriously asking how I can post three reads this week. Well, I'm just good (just kidding). My sick child is finally sleeping soundly and I'm taking a moment of peace and reflection to spread the word for some wonderful reads and to amaze one and all I'm actually about to recommend a self-help book. Yes, I actually read more than teen fantasy. Just wait and I will amaze you at the various types of books that I end up reading.




Name:
The Fearless Pregnancy: Wisdom and Reassurance from a Doctor, a Midwife, and a Mom
Author: Victoria Clayton, Stuart Fischbein, and Joyce Weckl
Genre: Non-fiction/Self-Help
Reviewer: Karen Pellett
Rating: WORSHIP!!!!!!!!!!
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise (be brief): - Like other best-selling pregnancy books, this The Fearless Pregnancy shares first-person information from a new mom, but what sets it apart from the other books is that it also includes helpful advice from both a doctor and a midwife...(Amazon.com)
Opinions: OK I have a religious side of me that rebels at saying that I worship this book, but come on... I just had my first child this spring and anyone who has ever been pregnant knows the emotional gambit a woman traverses during the time she is caring that special being within her (even more so having previously miscarried several pregnancies before this one). Having made it past my first trimester I wanted to know everything and anything about being pregnant, what I was going through, doctors' tests, etc. This book was AMAZING!!! It covers the fears, the myths, the facts, and any information from three different view points that will allow a mom to make a decision to personalize her own pregnancy and delivery. This book was so good that I'm willing to hand it out (or recommend it spastically) to anyone that I hear is pregnant.



Seriously, feel free to send us suggestions, or reviews of books that you have read if you would like to see anything from someone other than Stephanie and myself.


No comments: