Thursday, July 10, 2014

Sky Raiders by Brandon Mull

18049017

Title: Sky Raiders (The Five Kingdoms #1)
Author: Brandon Mull
Reviewer: Karen
Genre: Mid Grade Fantasy
Rating: Fabulous
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise: "Whisked through a portal to The Outskirts, an in-between world, sixth-grader Cole must rescue his friends and find his way back home--before his existence is forgotten" (King County Library System) .
Opinions: Okay, I am never going into a haunted house again (like I'd have gone before reading this book, but really. . . not happening now). I love the vividness and imagination that Brandon Mull creates in this new series. I love the concept. I'm intrigued by the varied characters. And I love the cool and amazing equipment and abilities that they come up with to use in this book. Seriously, I want to be able to shape, have a jumping sword, and about a dozen other awesome things.  I love Cole as a main character and I'm intrigued by Mira, Jace, and Twitch. I want to raid a sky castle and try and rescue my friends.  Plus, each of the five kingdoms is unique opening up the reader to imaginative locations like giant playgrounds, lakes of milk with floating cookies and much more.  This has to be my favorite of Brandon's books since his Fablehaven series. So go pick it up and read it with your kids. Make it a family adventure. You'll enjoy it.

No comments: