Friday, December 28, 2012

Monster High by Lisi Harrison



Title: Monster High (Monster High Series book 1)
Author: Lisi Harrison
Reviewer: Karen
Genre: Teen Urban Fantasy
Rating: Love
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise: "Frankie Stein was created in a laboratory, and when she enters Mount Hood High School camouflaged as a "normie," all she wants is to fit in, but it takes the help of another new student who believes that everyone should be treated equally before Frankie even has a chance" (King County Library System).
Opinions: I know there is a whole world of toys, clothing lines, etc. revolving around Monster High, but this world is brand new to me. . .and I am fascinated by it. Lisi Harrison does a brilliant job of mixing teen fads and fabs with emotional drama.  She does a brilliant job of showing difficulties and drama that a teenager my experience, but in a new light with a monster twist and a lot of fun. I LOVE Frankie and Melody and seeing the different struggles each one experiences as they are introduced into a new world and new high school.  I loved seeing their growth and strength and riding along with them as they learn what is truly important.  I was intrigued by Lisi Harrison's use of movie monsters in a fun and humorous way to portray the difficulties of fitting in and being accepted by society. I recommend this as an easy, enjoyable read for teen girls.

No comments: