Monday, October 24, 2011

Scumble by Ingrid Law

To read my review of Savvy please click here: Savvy.
To read Stephanie's review of Scumble please click here: Scumble.


Title: Scumble (Companion to Savvy)
Author: Ingrid Law
Reviewer: Karen
Genre: Junior/MidGrade Fiction
Rating: Adore
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise: "Mibs's cousin Ledge is disappointed to discover that his "savvy"--the magical power unique to each member of their family--is to make things fall apart, which endangers his uncle Autry's ranch and reveals the family secret to future reporter Sarah." (King County Library System)
Opinions: I LOVE this book. I loved the first one, Savvy, and the joy continues on in this companion book. I guess it is considered a "companion" book rather than a sequel as it deals with a cousin of Mibs from the first book and the struggle he undergoes trying to learn how to control his savvy. This book also takes place a good 9+ years after the first one does. I loved that we still get to see some of the same characters from the first one as side characters in Scumble.

I really loved Ledger and what he learns about himself and how he grows along the way. I found Sarah Jane (SJ) to be a quirky character that added some intrigue. As much as I loved Ledger, I think my overall favorite character has to be Rocket (Mib's brother) and how he grows by watching the struggles that Ledger undergoes. Overall, I found Scumble a highly satisfying and fun read. You should really check it out (but first read Savvy so that things make sense).

No comments: