Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Midnight for Charlie Bone by Jenny Nimmo




Name: Midnight for Charlie Bone (Children of the Red King Series)
Author: Jenny Nimmo
Genre: Teen Fantasy/Sci-fi
Reviewer: Karen Pellett
Rating: Fabulous
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise (be brief): - Charlie doesn't want to believe it when he discovers that he can hear the thoughts of people in photographs. But his horrible aunts are delighted - it means that he is one of the chosen and must attend the Bloor's Academy for gifted children. (Pleasant Grove Library)
Opinions: Fabulous!!!! Now this is an easy read, but it is one that was quite enjoyable. I think I actually enjoyed it better than Harry Potter (AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!) Did she really say that? Yes, I did. Harry Potter was definitely more detailed of a read and much more envolved. Don't get me wrong, I still think it is fabulous and I own all seven books and have read them several times. However, for a story about a magically "endowed" child going to a special school I think I preferred the story line of Charlie Bone much more. Not everyone at Bloor's Acadamy has special abilities, but for those who do...each ability is different. Whereas, with Harry Potter everyone at Hogwarts has some ability of magic, but each person has different areas they are better at. At Bloor's you have kids both magically endowed and regular kids striving together to save the day. This book is so good that my husband and I are reading the rest of the entire series together. So far we have gone through a book a day. Its a fast read, but well worth reading.


No comments: