Sunday, June 27, 2010

Keturah and Lord Death by Martine Leavitt

Title: Keturah and Lord Death
Author: Martine Leavitt
Reviewer: Stephanie
Genre: Fantasy
Rating: Adore
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise: When Lord Death comes to claim sixteen-year-old Keturah while she is lost in the King's Forest, she charms him with her story and is granted a twenty-four hour reprieve in which to seek her one true love. (King County Library System)
Opinions: I liked this book. It is a very unique mix stories that together works in some strange way. Keturah meets Lord Death and has 24 hours to find her true love or she has to go with him. It is interesting how Keturah then sees the world after she should be dead. I liked the idea of the book, I read the whole thing very quickly, but I'm still puzzled on my reactions. The ending was.....um.....I don't even know how to describe it.....Somewhat satisfying, somewhat surprising. somewhat unnerving, somewhat pleasing. I like how Keturah is viewed and how she takes the reactions of others. Very unique and interesting book. I can honestly say that I am a little confuzzled by this book. I like it though. It is intriguing to me and I have thought alot about it.

No comments: