Friday, April 2, 2010

Keys to the Demon Prison by Brandon Mull

Our contest ends tommorrow!! Have you entered? You should! Go here for all the ways to enter.


Title: Keys to the Demon Prison
Author: Brandon Mull
Reviewer: Stephanie
Genre: Mid Grade Fantasy
Rating: Worship
Alerts/Warnings: Violence
Premise: Since ancient times, the great demon prison Zzyzx has protected the world from the most dangerous servants of darkness, including Gorgrog, the Demon King. After centuries of plotting, the Sphinx is on the verge of recovering the five artifacts necessary to open the legendary prison. To thwart the Sphinx's designs and find a safe home for the five artifacts, Kendra, Seth, and the Knights of the Dawn must venture far beyond the walls of Fablehaven in a desperate struggle to control the keys to the demon prison. (King County Library System)
Opinions: WOW!! I can't even tell you how much WOW! This is a great ending to a great series. Very intense. I went back and remembered the previous books. Each book gets more intense. On a scale of 1-10 the level of intensity grows from a 4 to a 10 throughout the series. This book is the 10. I couldn't put it down. (Which drove my husband nuts.) I stayed up really late reading it, because I had to know what happened. It was unexpected and satisfying. I love how the characters develop in this last book. There is a lot of action and a lot of suprises. I don't want to give it away.......but WOW! The one thing I disliked was a cosmetic thing that I will warn you of. I was reading the last chapter and turned to the last page and the next page looked like another chapter. However, it wasn't. It was Brandon Mull talking about the end of the Fablehaven series. I was a little confused and it messed up the ending for me. So I went back and reread the last 30 pages or so and was much more satisfied with the ending. Overall, this is a Fabulous book and a Fabulous Series. I am looking forward to Brandon Mull's future work.

No comments: