Friday, June 20, 2014

Air Keep by J. Scott Savage

To read my reviews of other books in this series click here: Water Keep and Land Keep.

16219730


Title: Air Keep (Farworld #3)
Author: J. Scott Savage
Reviewer: Karen
Genre: Mid-Grade Fantasy (or YA depending on your library)
Rating: Love
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise: "Marcus and Kyja continue to search for the Elementals they need to unite to open a drift between Earth and Farworld, but the Air Elementals have a strange sense of humor and with Farworld in the grip of a terrible drought and daily earthquakes, the two friends face untold challenges" (King County Library System).
Opinions:  I love this series, but I made the mistake of keeping this book in my car. I have a habit of always having a book in my car for when I'm stuck in a drive-thru somewhere or waiting for kids to come out of school.  The problem is that I've changed the way I eat and the kids are out of school for the summer, therefore I have to wait in far fewer lines.  So I finally wizened up and brought the book into the house. I was half-way when I did that, and I just finished reading it. Once I had the dedicated time to focus on it I could not put it down.

My favorite character by far in this book, the third in its series, is Kyja. I love her more than ever. She is passionate, determined, talented and flawed. She's great. As Marcus' health/emotional state is tied in with the health of Farworld he felt weaker in this book, but it was totally intentional. Marcus had to learn to open up and be honest and some other stuff I can't tell you without spoiling the story.  I loved the unveiling of the air elementals.  The uniqueness between the different types of elementals is intriguing, especially when it comes to their weaknesses. And who wants a racing snail. . . um, me please. The snail and Mr. Z were fascinating, mysterious, and I want to see more of them.  So yea, when is Fire Keep coming out?  According to GoodReads it isn't until October, but Amazon shows it as July 1st.  As for me, I sure hope Amazon is right.

No comments: