Sunday, July 4, 2010

Land Keep by J. Scott Savage

Title: Land Keep
Author: J. Scott Savage
Reviewer: Karen
Genre: Mid-Grade Fantasy
Rating: Fabulous
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise: Marcus, with the help of his companions, tries to complete the quest to find the other elementals that will help destroy the evil force of the Dark Circle. (King County Library System)
Opinions: Land Keep is the second book in the Farworld series. Click here to see my review of the first book in the series, Water Keep. After their adventures in book one to find a water elemental, Marcus and Kyja must now search after Land Keep and the mysterious land elementals. J. Scott Savage does a fantastic job carrying the overall story through to this new book while adding new twists and turns for the heroes to overcome to reach their goal. At times I did find myself frustrated with Marcus, and later Kyja, but that is done on purpose as the author spins greater understanding into what makes them standout from everyone else in the story. The leaps between Farworld and Earth create a oddly wonderful balance and help make the story compelling. I found myself definitely more intrigued by the Dark Circle as a little more was revealed about their purpose. The action and drama is incredible. One warning though...there are a few things that happen that I did not see coming toward the end of the book. When I was finished my jaw almost hit the floor. If you've read book one, then you MUST read book two. If you haven't read book one, then WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR????







No comments: