Monday, March 18, 2013

I'll Walk Alone by Mary Higgins Clark

I'll Walk Alone

Title: I'll Walk Alone
Author: Mary Higgins Clark
Reviewer: Karen
Genre: Adult Mystery
Rating: Like
Alerts/Warnings: Mild Language
Premise: "Thirty-year-old interior designer Alexandra Moreland, struggling to deal with the disappearance of her son, fights to uncover who is behind a plot to destroy her sanity and life" (King County Library System).
Opinions: I am a long-standing Mary Higgins Clark fan.  She has an innate ability to reveal layer by layer how a mystery affects each and every person involved, including the guilty. I only realized recently that I have missed a few of her more recent works.  When I did I immediately picked them up from my local library. 

Mary Higgins Clark does a brilliant job of interweaving a tale of suspense using identify theft of an up and coming Interior Designer in New York.  Add to that the mystery of her son's disappearance and you have an intriguing tale of deception, kidnapping, and possible murder.  I loved that we get to see Alvirah Meehan (a long standing amateur sleuth from earlier Mary Higgins Clark novels), but I really enjoyed the main character Alexandera Morland.  Being a mother of small children I could imagine the heartache she must have felt at the disappearance of her child and the betrayal when even her closest friends come to think she had kidnapped her own child.  Add the stress of someone stealing her identify and you have an explosive book that was hard to put down.  I loved seeing the emotional transitions the main character goes through and the strength she finds to carry on in utter turmoil.  Once again, Mary Higgins Clark has written an enjoyable suspense for mystery readers.

No comments: