Sunday, January 16, 2011

Blue Noon by Scott Westerfeld





Title: Blue Noon (Book 3 - Midnighters Series)
Author: Scott Westerfeld
Reviewer: Karen
Genre: YA Fiction/ Science Fiction
Rating: Love
Alerts/Warnings: Mild Language and fantastical violence
Premise: "The five midnighters from Bixby discover that the secret hour is starting to invade the daylight world, and if they cannot stop it, the darklings will soon be free to hunt again." (King County Library System)
Opinions: The final book in the midnighter's series is my favorite of the trilogy. In this book the ground work laid in the first two books finally comes to fruition and the issues they deal with no longer just affect each other, but could affect the world. I love getting to see the midnighters tenuous relationship put to the test and their sense of what they know to be true questioned. I love seeing Jessica's sister Beth take more of an active roll trying to figure out what is truly going on. I must say that the ending surprised me and the first time that I read it several years ago I was upset by it. Now that I've had the chance to read it again, I see that it fits very well (Though it still seems an unusual end, I liked it this time.) Overall I felt that this book helped the midnighters take on more responsibility and make tough decisions that lead them into early adulthood. On a side note - Dess is now tied with Jonathan for my favorite character of the series. Once again I must say (in case you didn't see it before) if you like Twilight, then please give this series a try. Granted personally I'm still not an overall fan of Rex.



No comments: