Thursday, May 20, 2010

Frindle by Andrew Clements

Title: Frindle
Author: Andrew Clements
Reviewer: Stephanie
Genre: YA Fiction
Rating: Love
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise: When he decides to turn his fifth grade teacher's love of the dictionary around on her, clever Nick Allen invents a new word and begins a chain of events that quickly moves beyond his control. (King County Library System)
Opinions: I have long been a lover of this book. It is short and a super quick read, but I still get chills every time I read it. If you didn't already know, I am a lover of the written word. I am fascinated by language and this book is about the evolution of the word "frindle". A young boy decides to invent a new word and this book shows where the word goes and how he soon loses ownership of it. It is a beautifully written book with fabulous characters, especially Nick and Mrs. Granger. This is the best book Andrew Clements has written and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments: