Saturday, August 9, 2008

The 13th Reality by James Dashner



Name: The 13th Reality: The Journal of Curious Letters
Author: James Dashner
Genre: Teen Fantasy
Reviewer: Karen Pellett
Rating: Love
Alerts/Warnings: None
Premise (be brief): - Thirteen-year-old Atticus "Tick" Higginbottom begins receiving mysterious letters from around the world signed only "M.G.," and the clues contained therein lead him on a journey to the perilous 13th Reality and a confrontation with evil Mistress Jane. (King County Library System)
Opinions: Having previously read the first book in Dashner's Jimmy Fincher series I immediately went to my local library and requested another one of Dashner's series - The 13th Reality: The Journal of Curious Letters. I do not know a lot about Quantum Physics, but I do know that this was a fun read. It is a great look into the power of a person's choices and the amazing things that teenagers (let a lone any of us) can do in this world. I was also quite impressed with Atticus "Tick" Higgenbottom's (seriously the main character's name) parents. Many times in the last two years I have read books where the teenager or young adult has harsh, mean, or unfeeling parents. In this book, Edgar and Lorena are an amazing support to their son. They believe in him and trust in him (granted he has NEVER given them a reason not to). Overall...I love this book and read it as quickly as I could.


No comments: